From... Rhoda's Hygienic Cookbook
Order Rhoda's Book from "The GetWell StayWell, America! BookList Order Form."
EVEN More Recipes for The Raw Revolution!
From... Rhoda's Hygienic Cookbook
By... Rhoda Mozorosky Order from "The GetWell StayWell, America! BookList."
STRESS ADVERSELY AFFECTS OUR BODY, MIND, AND EMOTIONS! It is a well known fact that excess emotionalism results in inordinate stress on the individual. But what is less known by most Americans is that certain, designated "high stress foods" are devoid of nutrition and loaded with toxic substances. These nutrient-sparse, toxic foods throw the body into a state of undue stress as it attempts to deal with the overload. The yummy recipes here are "user friendly" and call for low-stress foods only.
BASIC FRUIT SMOOTHIE RECIPE for 4
2 ripe & frozen bananas
1 cup fruit of choice, frozen
1 cup fruit juice of choice
· Select fully ripe bananas. Peel them, and seal them in a freezer bag. Freeze bananas until hard.
· If possible, use summer-fresh fruit for the cup of "fruit of choice." Pears, melons, and apples do not work well. All soft fruits, all the berries, peaches, nectarines, papayas, mangos, kiwis, and so on do work tastefully well!
·For the cup of juice, acid fruits or sweet fruits work very well.
· The Basic Fruit Smoothie Recipe with experimentation can yield an endless variety in delicious beverages! An irresistible
THE PINEAPPLE SHERBET SMOOTHIE for 4
2 cups fresh-made pineapple juice
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 frozen bananas
· Pour the juice into the blender.
· Gradually add the fruit to the juice, blending with each addition of the fruit.
· If too thick, add more juice, until your smoothie has reached the desired consistency. Some like it thin, some like it thick!
GRAPE FREEZE for 4
1 large bunch green grapes
1 large bunch red grapes
1 quart blackberries
· Hours prior to serving this sweet beverage, juice the green grapes. Then pour the juice into an ice cube tray and freeze.
· Juice the red grapes and blackberries, and pour into tall glasses.
· Add the green grape ice cubes.
· If too thick or too sweet to the taste, add a little water. ENJOY!
THE BASIC 31-FLAVORS FOR HYGIENE ICE CREAM RECIPE for 4: makes a meal!
3 bananas per person, sweet and ripe, in chunks & frozen
1 cup summer-fresh fruit per person, cut up & frozen
· Run the frozen fruit pieces through the Champion or Green Power with the homogenizer on.
· The consistency will be that of soft ice cream. Experiment endlessly for your favorite 31 flavors!
CASHEW PIE CRUST makes 1 large pie crust
1 & 1/2 cup cashew pieces
2 cups water
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup soaked dates, pureed
1 cup ground sunflower seeds
1/2 cup ground pumpkin seeds
· Blend cashew pieces and water in a food processor.
· Add coconut and dates. Blend.
· Add seed powders, and blend into the mixture.
· Use your hands to finally mix the crust, as it will be thick and sticky. Press the mix into the pie plate.
· Finally, add the filling of your choice: one of your 31 favorite flavors of ice cream from the recipe proceeding will do scrumptiously!
· This is not a well-combined recipe. It is an all-raw, all Ideal Foods, savory, full-meal dessert that is a fine alternative to any SAD dessert imaginable!
ALMOND-RAISIN PIE CRUST makes 1 large pie crust
1 cup almonds, ground to powder
1 cup raisins, soaked for 1 hour
1 cup dates, soaked for 1 hour
1/2 tsp. ground cloves, optional
· In food processor, blend all the ingredients together.
· Thoroughly mix the blend with your hands. Then press the mix into the pie plate.
· Add the filling of your choice! A banana filling can be made of banana rounds sliced into the pie crust, then cover with banana ice cream. Sprinkle with ground almonds and grated coconut.
A Bookful of GetWell StayWell, Great Gift Recipes! Page24